[WBEL-users] New Installation - CD check fails

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Feb 13 16:22:17 CST 2006

WGPuckett at aol.com spake the following on 2/13/2006 12:34 PM:
> I have downloaded the Respin 2 binary libraries for i386 from 2 sources
> now.  The md5sums check out just fine.  I generate the CDs on my laptop
> running WinXP.  (I have generated quite a few CDs using this drive with
> no problems.)  However, so far I have had 2 CDs (1 and 2) that totally
> fail to read all the way through.  And when I have the install process
> check the CDs prior to beginning the install every CD I have created
> comes back with a FAIL response.   I have recreated discs 1 and 2 now 3
> times from the two different downloads.
>
> I now have a set of discs that appear to read completely through even
> though they fail the install check.  I am going ahead and trying to
> install the OS anyway and seem to be getting through everything.  My
> question is, if I get through the complete install even though the media
> check was a fail, will I have a good OS?  Is there any tools that will
> check out the installation and confirm that everything is in working order?
>
> My hats off to all the obvious hard work and dedication to make this
> project happen.  It is a great benefit for many of us who don't have the
> resources to freely spend what little funds we have to the big companies.

IF the install completes, then you are good to go.
I have had this problem in the past. Sometimes it is from the write speed, and
sometimes it can be from writing track at once or disc at once. Track at once
can add extra lead-in or pad the lead-out info when you burn an ISO file, and
that can mess with the verification routine.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and