[WBEL-users] Like a rescue CD, . but not really - to load various distributions from Network

Alon js at wsco.com
Mon Jan 23 10:44:05 CST 2006

Hi Will,

I've looked at :

http://syslinux.zytor.com/faq.php

figuring this is a possible solution, (many links you provided me lead me to
the syslinux page).
In all of them, a minimum of medium level expertise is needed to create this
procedure fast.
I lack that expertise grrrrrrrrrr.
While I'll still attempt to resolve this and strenghthen my knowledge with
linux bootloaders, I just hope
I won't get stuck :))

Thanks for the help in pointing me to the needed resource.

-Alon.

Well, if your absolutely stuck on doing it this way then I would
imagine a custom boot menu using isolinux is the way to go, though
doing this is halfway to a PXE boot as the isolinux/pxelinux config
files are pretty similar if I remember right.

It's not *that* simple, because your boot menu has to know how to
bootstrap what's next. I think a full blown TFTP PXELinux environment
would be the best solution though for a novice it might be quite an
undertaking, creating a customised isolinux boot image wouldn't be
much less work.

 Here's some useful reading on ISOLinux's use and configuration...

 http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0227529/ILpart1.htm

 http://www.tuxrocks.com/Projects/CDProject/