[WBEL-users] New to Whitebox. Kernel Upgrade?

Terry Henderson trryhend at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 10:57:32 CDT 2006

Not real sure, but:
Simplest way should be by using yum or up2date
"pick Up2Date Network from the menu" (from:
http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/faq.html )

To see what yum has to offer:
# yum info kernel*
should show you list of kernels.  Take your pick.
Otherwise, update / adjust your repos

Or install it manually, download one and just "rpm -i" it.
Some choices you might be interested in and end up seeing:
kernel-2.6.9-22.EL.i586.rpm
kernel-2.6.9-22.EL.i686.rpm
kernel-hugemem-2.6.9-22.EL.i686.rpm
kernel-smp-2.6.9-22.EL.i586.rpm
kernel-smp-2.6.9-22.EL.i686.rpm

On 7/13/06, Hermann Thomas <h.thomas at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am new to whitebox because there is some software which will run
> better with rat hat rather than with suse which I am use to. The problem
> is the kernel. Is there any possibility to get the kernel 2.6.9-22 .
> With whitebox 4 came the 2.6.9-5. How can I upgrade to Kernel 2.6.9-22?
>
> Thanks if you can help out,
> Hermann

Registered Linux User 188099
                  <><