[WBEL-users] New to Whitebox. Kernel Upgrade?

Jeff O'Brien jobrien at ntisys.com
Thu Jul 13 11:27:23 CDT 2006

Welcome Hermann,

You first should setup "yum" for doing updates from the list of repo's.
-There are rpm's available for download across the web and install it,
google it to find where.
-Edit your /etc/yum.conf to reflect the proper system variables.
-once you have yum setup, just run [ root at host ] # yum update -y
    -this will start the update process if setup correctly.  command:
yum, first option: update, second option: -y which will say yes to
download dependency rpms if needed.
-walk away for a while and check back later....

If you run into problems with the yum setup search the archives on the
wbel-users list for setup instructions.

Good luck

-Jeff

--