[WBEL-users] New to Whitebox. Kernel Upgrade?

Dan Geist dan.geist at cox.com
Thu Jul 13 11:10:51 CDT 2006

And to answer the question, the way you would upgrade is with either the
"up2date" or "yum" utilities, or download the update from your local
mirror and install manually via the RPM commands. For example:
http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/4/updates/i386/RPMS/

The full list of mirrors is:
http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/download.html

Dan

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 11:22 -0400, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hermann Thomas wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I am new to whitebox because there is some software which will run
> > better with rat hat rather than with suse which I am use to. The
> problem
> > is the kernel. Is there any possibility to get the kernel 2.6.9-22 .
> > With whitebox 4 came the 2.6.9-5. How can I upgrade to Kernel
> 2.6.9-22?
> >

> the latest stable kernel is 2.6.9-34.0.2.EL
>
> - K
> --
> Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219 at icq

Dan Geist | dan.geist at cox.com | (404) 269-6822
Cox Communications - Engineering Security