[WBEL-users] version specific software and yum

Kyle kl at attitia.com
Sun Jul 16 21:41:07 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

I would be truly grateful if someone could advise me as to how I can
install the specific version of certain software (in this case httpd),
and yet still have it listed in yum  as being the installed version.

To be more clear. I want to install apache 2.0.54 (or 55) on my new
WBEL4.1 box and have that listed as the installed version in my yum
repository. So that when I do a yum in future, yum sees that I have a
newer version than any updates which might come along and leaves httpd
alone until such point in time as the updates-released in the yum
repositories have reached a version greater than my installed version.

MTiA