[WBEL-users] version specific software and yum

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Mon Jul 17 02:29:28 CDT 2006

> To be more clear. I want to install apache 2.0.54 (or 55) on my new
> WBEL4.1 box and have that listed as the installed version in my yum
> repository.

To do that, you're going to have to build yourself an RPM with that code
in it - at present, RedHat's version is 2.0.52-22. The way I usually
approach this is to statr with the latest SRPM I can find, and try
dropping the new tarball into that structure. There's usually some
fixing-up to be done...

> So that when I do a yum in future, yum sees that I have a
> newer version than any updates which might come along and leaves httpd
> alone

So is your plan to use a newer version of Apache, or to prevent yum from
changing things on you? The latter is more easily achieved by way of the
"exclude" directive in yum.conf...

Vic.