[WBEL-users] U8 - anyone else having problems?

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Thu Jul 27 04:24:23 CDT 2006

Hi All.

I'm starting on the U8 updates. I can't build the new kernel :-(

I downloaded RH's SRPM kernel-2.4.21-47.EL.src.rpm, and tried a standard
rpmbuild on it. I'm building on a SMP i686 box.

The 686 SMP kernel RPM doesn't get built. I looked through the build log,
and there are errors - the first I found is an attempt to include
<asm/acpi.h>. So I did a rpmbuild -bp and looked for that file - it's not
there (indeed, the only asm acpi.h files are include/asm-x86_64/acpi.h and
include/asm-ia64/acpi.h).

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Vic.