[WBEL-users] U8 - anyone else having problems?

khaqq khaqq at free.fr
Sun Jul 30 17:11:29 CDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:24:23 +0100 (BST)
"Vic" <whitebox at beer.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I'm starting on the U8 updates. I can't build the new kernel :-(
>
> I downloaded RH's SRPM kernel-2.4.21-47.EL.src.rpm, and tried a standard
> rpmbuild on it. I'm building on a SMP i686 box.
>
> The 686 SMP kernel RPM doesn't get built. I looked through the build log,
> and there are errors - the first I found is an attempt to include
> <asm/acpi.h>. So I did a rpmbuild -bp and looked for that file - it's not
> there (indeed, the only asm acpi.h files are include/asm-x86_64/acpi.h and
> include/asm-ia64/acpi.h).
>
> Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Out of my (not very clear atm) head...
You are probably missing asm/ in /usr/include . This should probably be a
symlink to /usr/src/linux-$VERSION/asm .
I find it strange that you see anything asm-x86_64 on a i686 box. Maybe you
installed the wrong kernel-headers package ?

Of course, I may be totally wrong about this.

khaqq