[WBEL-users] manifestdestiny-respin1-binary-i386-3.iso

Ross McKerchar it at crummock.com
Wed Jun 14 04:07:02 CDT 2006

Janos Makadi wrote:

> The problematic file cames from the image:
> manifestdestiny-respin1-binary-i386-3.iso
>
> I checked the md5sum of this iso, but it was wrong. The others were OK.
> After downloading the isos from another three mirrors, the result was
> the same.
Just as a headsup to everyone - this still appears to be a problem.

I too eventually found a good copy at ftp.riken.jp (thanks for the tip
Janos!) but not before tearing my hear out and wasting a good few
gigabytes of bandwith.

I'm not to hot on how the whole mirroring system works but if it's out
of anyone's control a quick one line warning on the download page could
save a lot of people a lot of hassle, especially lazy people like me who
dont always check md5sums before going for an install :)

Whilst on the topic, http://www.mirror.ac.uk/www.whiteboxlinux.org also
seems to be down.

regards,

-ross