[WBEL-users] v4 updates

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Mar 1 17:05:40 CST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 10:28, Jerry Amundson wrote:

> WBEL 4 updates, and during Mardi Gras even - now that´s a party!

Hey, the whole state doesn't close for Mardi Gras.  :)  We were open,
other agencies like the DMV were closed.  But yes, the updates are
flowing again.  A couple proved most vexing but finally yielded
packages.

One notice, perl for x86_64 could stand some testing.  It had a minor
failure in the test portion of building, where some expected errors had
off by one problems on the line numbers reported.  It was enough to
abort the build until I finally gave up on finding something fixable and
bypassed the test.

Also, I have been having trouble getting the whole update set to apply
cleanly, at least with up2date (eating the dogfood and all that).  First
update rpm, then glibc, passwd, shadow-utils and other basics, then do
more on successive passes.  They all do eventually install.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!