[WBEL-users] Kernel Panic

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 10:09:12 CST 2006

Hi,

I've updated my kernel. Now I'm using 2.6.9-22. I tried to reproduce the
kernel panic and I couldn't (great news). However, I paste some warning my
kernel flushes when I insert the pen drive. This pen has a security feature
(you can set password for the content) and I think these warnings are
related to that. At least my kernel doesn't go down ;)

Best regards.

sda : status=1, message=00, host=0, driver=08
Current sd: sense key Unit Attention
Additional sense: Not ready to ready change, medium may have changed
sda: test WP failed, assume Write Enabled
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: Unit Not Ready, sense:
Current : sense key Unit Attention
Additional sense: Not ready to ready change, medium may have changed
sda : READ CAPACITY failed.
sda : status=1, message=00, host=0, driver=08
Current sd: sense key Unit Attention
Additional sense: Not ready to ready change, medium may have changed
sda: test WP failed, assume Write Enabled
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 0
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 0
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 0
unable to read partition table
sda: Write Protect is off