[WBEL-users] x64 yum update failing

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 22 09:23:52 CST 2006

Hi John,

Thanks for the tip.  The machine is actually a web server, so I have few
worries about any Office apps, etc.  It basically needs to host MySql,
Tomcat and Apache.  I had actually appended my yum.conf file with a line:
exclude=*.i386 *.i586, *.i686 to ensure that it stayed i386 clean - i didn't
want to have multiple copies of all libraries piling up on it.  So I'm
guessing that's why yum is failing.  However, what I'd love to do at this
point is check to see if there are any actual dependencies on glibc.i686 and
if none, then wipe it out.  Otherwise, I need to either manually update
glibc all the time (which isn't very practical), or find a way to let yum
only update glibc.i686 without downloading all the other i686 pkgs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric

news:1143003346.2975.32.camel at mjolnir...