[WBEL-users] Java

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Mar 22 17:22:50 CST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 11:49, Vic wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> It's time to bite the bullet. I'm going to have to play with Java.
>
> I've avoided it until now - partly because of RedHat's reticence to
> include it. But I need to rebuild db4, ...

Just noticed your reason for needing Java.....

I had similar problems last year over db4 and java.  In the end I found
that you do not need anything external to rebuild db4 and get a db4-java
package, gcc-java  can do the job.  But if you have ever played with a
3rd party jdk things can get hosed up so bad it won't work anymore.  I
ended up regenerating my chroot build environment to fix things.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!