[WBEL-users] Upgrade Path

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 29 08:01:53 CST 2006

Vic wrote:
> One of my goals is to have a nice stable distribution where people don't
> continually question my continuance with the WhiteBox distribution name.

your use of the wbel name indicates some form of transfer of trust and
the signing key from John to yourself ? I did ask, but never got a reply
from you on that issue.

> I don't want to join the CentOS project. I believe I've mentioned this a
> few times. I've yet to get away with saying it without copping at least
> one abusive email from a CentOS Disciple - and that in itself is grounds
> enough for me to continue to want little or nothing to do with CentOS. I
> might be a part of a small minority who think this way, but my inbox tells
> me that at least I'm not alone.

Sure, I accept that people have asked why when ever this point has been
raised previously, but apart from 'emotional attachment' I dont think
there is any other reason from your side thats ever come through as to
why not. If there is a reason why people would hesitate to move to
CentOS, perhaps we would like to know ? If there something that can be
done to fix that issue, then we will.

> So there you have it. That's my position, and I'd appreciate it if you
> stopped trying to save me from myself, in just the same way as I'd
> appreciate it if the Jehovah's Witnessess stopped trying to save me from
> myself.

I am not trying to save yourself from anything. feel free to jump into
any ditch you fancy. But, dont take others down with you.

> My only real wish for further communication would be to ask this; if you
> believe so passionately that WhiteBox is dead, what the smeg are you still
> doing here?

hoping to be able to help people like my friend, who had 6 of his wbel
powered machines hacked, since there were known exploits for stuff that
were not fixed in time.

And finally, I dont recall seeing anyone inviting you to come and join
the CentOS project. Maybe I missed that one.

- KB