[WBEL-users] Upgrade Path

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 29 08:14:43 CST 2006

Pete Biggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 12:40 +0000, Vic wrote:
>>> why bother ? what are you creating that add's value over whats available
>>> from CentOS ?
>> Amongst other things, a respository for people who don't want to be told
>> to switch distributions every time someone tries to help out.
>>

> It may seem silly, but one of the reasons I have resisted switching
> things to CentOS is because I've got thoroughly peeved with everytime
> anyone mentions updates to Whitebox or some problem or other there is a
> torrent of "switch to CentOS", "CentOS is much better", "CentOS is your
> saviour", "CentOS is the dogs bollocks"...  Has CentOS got some viral
> marketing guru doing their advertising or something.

you could always switch to SciLinux if you wish!
or if you want to spend some money, go for the real thing - get RHEL or
want a cheaper service with almost no support potential, get Oracle's
offering.

or, if you like - keep running vulnerable machine on wbel.

the choice is ultimately yours, its a free world, and they are your
machines.

No one makes money or has any commercial agenda in CentOS, the only
reason why I would recommend it so strongly, is that I know its there as
a project, there is a great community around it ( and hey, SciLinux does
as well, but they are doing something slightly differently ).