[WBEL-users] Up2date and WB3.0 Mirrors.

Brian Thies bcthies at msn.com
Mon Oct 9 19:04:36 CDT 2006

Greetings fellow users:
Over several months, the up2date gui interface almost never worked, I
started using yum to update my machines. However, I would much rather use
the gui interface.
Using the command line for up2date, I made a discovery about why the gui
doesn't work.
The mirrors for WB3 are badly out of date. only about 40% of the mirrors
that whitebox-mirrors points to are current. For example:
ftp.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu is being deprecated. jach.hawaii.edu doesnt have a
3.0 directory. and phantomhosting.com has no whitebox directories at all!
Any idea of who to talk to to get the mirror list updated?

Brian

My e-mail to jmorris at beau.org about a month ago on this topic went
unanswered.