[WBEL-users] Up2date and WB3.0 Mirrors.

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov
Fri Oct 13 07:23:07 CDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 12:00 -0400, Jeff O'Brien wrote:
> I as well award my thanks to John and the rest of the list for
> everything whitebox has done for me and my company over the past year or
> two.  Thank you all so much, hopefully I'll be seeing you on the CentOS
> lists when the time comes.

See ya' there.

> I did my first two WBEL4 to CentOS4.4 migrations this morning both went
> without a hitch.  Well except one, after upgrading the two systems I
> noticed both have the whitebox grub splash screen and no CentOS splash
> screen was found on the system.  If one of you could kindly point to me
> a new splash.xml.gz with the CentOS that would be well appreciated for
> such a small thing (just a little anal retentive).  Or does anyone have
> a little HOWTO on making your own custom?  Not a big deal if no one does.

I see you already got some responses on how to drop in an image, or THE
image, but my anal tendencies require me to respond:

[root at lynx ~]# rpm -qf /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
redhat-logos-1.1.26-1.centos4.4
[root at lynx ~]# rpm -ql redhat-logos | wc -l
228

Probably a few other thing in there you may want to get the CentOS look
and feel.

Cheers,
Phil