[WBEL-users] Updates - who wants some?

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Wed Oct 18 04:34:18 CDT 2006

Hi All.

I think it's becoming clear that other stuff has JM's attention at the
moment - although updates are trickling out onto the mirrors, it's a small
fraction of what's available from RH.

Now the easy route would be to say goodbye to WBEL & join up with the
CentOS crowd. There are a couple of reasons I don't really want to do that
- not least that I've spent quite a bit of time spreading the WBEL name
about, and I don't really want that to go to waste. I want to get WBEL
back on track.

I mailed John last week, asking whether he'd like to pass on WBEL - no
reply yet; I guess he's too busy for that even :-) But no matter.

So here's my plan - I'm intending to build updates for my own machines. I
can see a gazillion good reasons for opening up those updates to everyone
else who wants them. They'll be specific to my computers to start with
(i.e. no x86_64 - I don't own one), but I'll address that in the near
future.

Is this something that will help? Am I barking?

The only fly in the ointment that I can see at present is one of bandwidth
- I'll rent some server space for this project, but if anyone can mirror
that, it would be much appreciated.

Vic.