[WBEL-users] Updates - who wants some?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Oct 20 12:58:58 CDT 2006

Scott Silva wrote:
> I see no point in arguing. Karanbir, you and Johnny used to be very heavily in
> this project if I remember right, probably since mid 2004, and you left
> because of John's unwillingness to share the load.

Hi Scott,

Wasent arguing there - the :) at the end, i'd thought, would be
expressive enough. My point was just that CentOS does make a lot of
effort to stay in sync with whats coming dowm from upstream.

CentOS *does* have other things, like php5, mysql5, lots of enhanced
packages, extras, extra kernel module support etc - but all those are
optional, and require the user to specifically make the choice of
switching to using those packages. The base distro is very much in sync
with the RHEL base.

I think Johnny's post explains the situation a lot better, and I would
not want to just re-iterate the same stuff again.

cya later!

/me goes back to $vacation