[WBEL-users] mc RPM for WBEL anyone?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Sep 27 18:43:50 CDT 2006

Mike B. spake the following on 9/27/2006 2:57 PM:
> I've been using RH-7.2 for years, but am looking into switching to WBEL
> to get something a bit more modern (I've got WBEL 3 CDs at the
> moment...I know 4 is out, but 3 is what I have at the moment).  I've
> installed it on a spare machine, and in playing with it I find that one
> of the more useful command line apps, Midnight Commander (mc), is
> missing!  What gives?  Has everyone gone GUI or something?
>
> I found the SRPMs for mc for RHEL, and downloaded the latest one, but it
> won't install properly.  I worked past the problems rpmbuild has with
> the "%include"  "macros" in various comments by changing the "%include"
> to "%_include" in the comments of the spec file.  And a similar problem
> with another macro ("%proc" I think it was) in the same way.  That got
> things moving, and I updated the SRPM ok...but trying to make an RPM is
> failing with a list of files that are there, but not included in the
> RPM.  They seem to be mostly doc and HTMLs, but there are some others (I
> don't have mail set up on that machine yet, or a way to get into it from
> this machine yet, so I can't cut-paste the exact error messages).
>
> Rather than spending a lot of time figuring out how to fix that one too,
> is it possible that someone has already done this and has a WBEL RPM for
> mc?  If not, I guess I'll have to learn some more about building RPMs...
> ;-)
>
> -- Mike B.
You could try and re-compile this src rpm
ftp://194.199.20.114/linux/redhat/9/en/os/i386/SRPMS/mc-4.6.0-4.src.rpm
or try and install this one
ftp://194.199.20.114/linux/redhat/9/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/mc-4.6.0-4.i386.rpm
since Whitebox 3 (and Redhat 3) was built on top of Redhat 9.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and