[WBEL-users] mc RPM for WBEL anyone?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Sep 27 19:50:16 CDT 2006

Mike B. wrote:
> I've been using RH-7.2 for years, but am looking into switching to WBEL
> to get something a bit more modern (I've got WBEL 3 CDs at the
> moment...I know 4 is out, but 3 is what I have at the moment).

not sure if you are aware of the fact that EL3 went into Maint mode a
few months back... if you are doing a new install you really should use
EL4 ( unless, you have some linux-2.6 issues )

> I've
> installed it on a spare machine, and in playing with it I find that one
> of the more useful command line apps, Midnight Commander (mc), is
> missing!  What gives?  Has everyone gone GUI or something?

the mc rpm from EL4 builds and works fine on EL3, you should be able to
just grab the el4 src.rpm and rebuild on the machine itself.

- KB