[WBEL-users] Upgrading from Whitebox to RHEL

Thu Apr 26 10:58:23 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 08:13 -0400, William Hooper wrote:
> Vic wrote:
> > But as I've never done this (nor do I intend to), I thought I's leave the
> >  question for someone who knew. The dearth of response kinda implies that
> >  no-one here has tried this...
>
> You buy RHEL to get support.  You have to ask yourself, will Red Hat
> support the Frankenbox you've created by doing a WB to RHEL upgrade?

Not at all ...

https://www.redhat.com/support/policy/soc/production/

That says:

Do not support
      * Modified RPMs
      * Code development
      * System and network design
      * Implementation and development of security rules and policies
      * Red Hat Extras/Supplementary channel
      * Technology and preview features

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes