[WBEL-users] Upgrading from Whitebox to RHEL

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Apr 26 12:09:41 CDT 2007

Vic spake the following on 4/26/2007 2:23 AM:
>> Anyway, going RH->WB should be OK, in theory anyway, with the most
>> recent update iso's.
>
> It's probably as simple as changing the up2date rpm for the RH one, and
> installing redhat-release.
>
> But as I've never done this (nor do I intend to), I thought I's leave the
> question for someone who knew. The dearth of response kinda implies that
> no-one here has tried this...
>
> Vic.
The dearth of response seems very typical around here anymore.
Since you are now in possession of RHEL support, have you asked them?
They will more than likely tell you that it is an un-supported install option.
You will have to ask if they will support it. If they won't, you are just
wasting your money. They will probably recommend a clean install and careful
data restore.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and