[WBEL-users] Fast system clock

Francies Moore liz at indract.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Feb 24 07:10:54 CST 2007

> Is the CentOS install running the same kernel version as the Whitebox install
> was running?

Hi Scott

It was running the latest 2.6.9.42 kernel from CentOS but I have
reverted it to the original WBEL kernel 2.6.9(whatever - sorry the box
isn't here) and the time then stayed nearer to being correct, although
it was slowly gaining when I left it last night.

Incidentally Knoppix 3.8.1 was unusable on this box as it was "too fast"
- each keypress caused immediate repeating and so even the shell could
not be used (kernel 2.6.11).

Looks like I have a box which don't like kernel 2.6... Maybe I should
try WBEL3 or CentOS 3 on it next week (or FC1) - it would be nice to be
able to deploy this system usefully.

(I will post my Up2date errors later so as not to confuse the issue!)

Thanks

Francies