[WBEL-users] has anyone used kudzu to auto detect/config a new nic card?

mlajoinie at comcast.net mlajoinie at comcast.net
Wed Mar 28 14:56:10 CDT 2007

We will be updating our systems with GB NIC cards (from current 100MB NIC). And I wonder if there's a way to utilize kudzu to auto detect and auto config the newer GB NIC when installed and system's rebooted. I've read (from http://linuxgazette.net/issue88/tag/2.html) that I can copy /etc/init.d/skeleton to /etc/init.d/kudzu then modify it to do kudzu stuff. Says to do: update-rc.d to populate the /etc/rc?.d/ run level directories. Unfortunately I don't see /etc/init.d/skeleton in my version of RH 9.0 Thanks in advance