[WBEL-users] Re: -- success with webmin

Alon js at wsco.com
Fri Sep 21 11:07:30 CDT 2007

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=cthia.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael J. White
  Cc: whitebox-users at beau.org
  Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 2:32 PM
  Subject: [WBEL-users] Re: -- success with webmin

  I followed Vic's advice.  I downloaded the program from www.webmin.com.  Since I am running ubuntu on the webhost box, I had to find and install libauthen-pam-perl and libmd5-perl as well.   However, having done that, the program is running nicely.  Vic's advice worked well, for me.

  I now have a circumstance where webmin says the virtual hosting is working fine, and indeed, if I enter in 64.91.78.105/cthia  or  /primum  I can see the two respective web pages, but if I try to reference them (from outside my LAN) via www.cthia.com or primumnonnocere.org (first, do no harm), the external browser's can't find the pages.   DNS lookup does show they are pointed to the correct addresses.

  I learn one thing at a time.

  Michael

  Vic wrote:
But *don't* use the versions in the Debian or Ubuntu repositories
          I have ti disagree.  I installed Dag's version
        Disagree with what, precisely?

      installing directly from webmin first.

OK, you appear to have missed the entire "Ubuntu" part of this thread,
along with the actual meaning of the phrase "*don't* use the versions in
the Debian or Ubuntu repositories".

Vic.