[WBEL-users] Upgrade from WBEL3 to WBEL4?

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 07:38:21 CST 2008

> Thanks for the prompt response, even though WBEL and the mailing lists
> seemed dead :-)

WBEL isn't dead. I'm still doing installations. I guess the mailing list
is so quiet because there is so little to say - you fire it up, it works
:-)

> I am not sure what we will be doing. Will have to discuss this with my
> peers at work. We have physical access, so a v4 CD might be the choice.

I've done that many times. The only time I had any issue at all was in the
case of a Dell Poweredge 1850 server I upgraded - the driver for the RAID
card changed names (from "megaraid" to "megabox", IIRC), so it took two
goes to rebuild the initrd on the first one.

All the other upgrades have gone fine - including one the other night on a
WBEL3 systyem that had had a significant disk crash.

> But thanks!

You're very welcome :-)

Vic.