[WBEL-users] connect to internet

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Oct 29 16:00:33 CDT 2008

At Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:45:32 -0700 (PDT) Killer at yourdoor.knockknock wrote:

> Ok lets start with what i have
> a modem which says eth0 - showing up as ethernet not modem
> an isp with a phone number.

Do you have a make/model of this device (pci card? Motherboard?)?

If you have a laptop with something 'built in' (eg a mini-pci card),
what is the make/model of the laptop?

> in windows i install Broadcom BCM 4401 driver
> it goes in as ethernet and modem
>
> i dont know what to do now to get you what u need to
> help me.
>
> if you tell me how to get the info to help you help me
> ill get it best i can muddle through but ill get it.

Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk