[WBEL-users] WBEL-5 ???

Carl Krauthauser carl at udel.edu
Sat Feb 28 21:19:46 CST 2009

Hello Alon!

Thank you for the advice, I do appreciate it.  I have 3 machines here
with which I use CentOS (1 with 4.7 and 2 with 5.2), all of which are
servers.  I also have one using WBEL 4, one using Startcom 5.2, and 2
using Scientific Linux 5.0.2 and 5.0.3.  Once upon a time had a few
using Tao Linux and X/OS Linux, and even toyed briefly with Lineox; all
of the last were converted to CentOS.  While I like CentOS very much, I
have also liked the fact that it is is not the only RHEL-clone in town.
I do not relish the thought of any of the others going the way of Tao,
X/OS, and Lineox, thus, would like to support WBEL and the other efforts
in ways that I can, starting with using them.  For obvious reasons, my
WBEL box does not have direct access to the outside world, but
nonetheless, has done, until recently, all the code developmental work I
have needed it to do.  I am noticing that software development is moving
at a slightly quicker pace than has been the case for me in the past,
and so, am having to convert to newer versions of RHEL-clones quicker
than before.  While I should like to continue working with WBEL, being
limited long term to WBEL-4 will mean having to migrate to CentOS,
Startcom or SL.  This will be sad because I truly like the variety of
RHEL-clones, and it would mean for me that one more has gone by the
wayside.  It is this that precipitated my original question.  Thanks
again, Alon!

Cheers,
Carl