[WBEL-users] WBEL-5 ???

Daniel J. Summers daniel at djs-consulting.com
Sat Feb 28 21:01:31 CST 2009

MJang wrote:
> And the work behind creating a rebuild is harder than you might think,
> as the build libraries are tricky, to put it mildly.

What I found particular interesting was the sneering at the "E" in WBEL
because it's basically a reroll of RHEL - when that's what CentOS is
too! I don't mean that in a disparaging way - without the rerolls, we'd
be stuck with Fedora or lots of outgoing cash. I've run both, and have a
couple of current CentOS boxes now.

I definitely agree with the person who said that there's room for both.
I've personally gone Ubuntu with as many boxes as I've been able, but I
still remain connected to this list because I'm sentimental, and I
learned a lot from the folks here. I also still provide 64-bit xine RPMs
that work on WBEL, CentOS, and RHEL on my web site.

--
Daniel J. Summers
*Owner, DJS Consulting* Support <http://support.djs-consulting.com/> •

daniel at djs-consulting.com <mailto:daniel at djs-consulting.com> •
http://www.djs-consulting.com <http://www.djs-consulting.com/>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++