[WBEL-users] Other linux/library options??

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 11:22:06 CDT 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:51:25 -0500, Vicki Reeves wrote:

> The Evergreen Open Source (Library automation system) project is
> exciting ... not strictly Linux but both server and client run on Linux.
> http://evergreen-ils.org/   http://www.linux.com/feature/145797
> Attending the first ever conference Evergree conference (May in Athens
> Georgia) might be a good way to meet library people with a Linux "bend"
>
> http://www.maintainitproject.org/files/Marian%20Wynn.pdf  - 2006
> conversion story.
>
> http://www.osor.eu/news/be-public-library-schools-to-use-multi-seat-gnu
> interesting approach

	Many thanks! I took the liberty of forwarding both your and
Daniel Summers's posts direct to Rohit Gupta, along with a cover note
taking up on his Fedora list post, to show they're legit.

> Beauregard Parish Library still loves to give tours so if you are
> anywhere near DeRidder Louisiana, feel free to contact us about setting
> up a time for you to come see our project.

	Well, I'm in SW Virginia and don't travel much any more; and
afaik, Gupta is in India; but thanks much for the invitation!