[WBEL-users] Other linux/library options??

Vicki Reeves vickir at beau.org
Mon Mar 30 21:51:25 CDT 2009

> Beartooth wrote:
> >         Has there been any recent discussion of linux in
> > libraries, somewhere that a non-librarian could find? Where would
> > be a good place for him to get a start, to save reinventing
> > wheels within wheels?

The Evergreen Open Source (Library automation system) project is
exciting ... not strictly Linux but both server and client run on Linux.
http://evergreen-ils.org/   http://www.linux.com/feature/145797
Attending the first ever conference Evergree conference (May in Athens
Georgia) might be a good way to meet library people with a Linux "bend"

http://www.maintainitproject.org/files/Marian%20Wynn.pdf  - 2006
conversion story.

http://www.osor.eu/news/be-public-library-schools-to-use-multi-seat-gnu
interesting approach

Beauregard Parish Library still loves to give tours so if you are
anywhere near DeRidder Louisiana, feel free to contact us about setting
up a time for you to come see our project.