[Lswtalk] Overdrive ordering / payment idea

Mary Foster-Galasso mfoster2 at state.lib.la.us
Fri Mar 13 10:41:56 CDT 2015

Like Howard, I need a concrete amount for budget purposes.  I have a lot of confidence in Loretta and with her ordering items for all of us.  The question would be how much more we would need to increase our budget for Overdrive.  We have not done any Overdrive purchases for 2015 and I will hold off until a decision is reached by LSW.  If the decision is for implementation in 2016, then let me know if it is ok for us to go ahead and buy.  If Calcasieu is buying on our behalf, then we would need to get an invoice from Calcasieu for us to reimburse Calcasieu for the buys.

Dear friends, I have advanced breast cancer and will be beginning chemo week after next.  I am trying to set things up for a board meeting week after next.  What I may do is ask the board to approve a maximum amount that Evangeline can contribute toward Overdrive per year for the next two or three years.  If you all have a general idea of the kind of price range we might be talking about, please let me know.  It is time I believe to increase the amount, since there has been no increase in the commitment since the beginning of the Overdrive consortium.  Unfortunately, a lot of other costs are increasing as well.

Suzy gave me a good report on the meeting.  I know Overdrive is a very complex issue; very proud to be part of such a great group as LSW.

Databases are a totally separate item.  For now I think Evangeline needs to just keep on with the databases that it has got.

Best always,

Mary at Evangeline