[WBEL-devel] New packages

John A. Tamplin jat-public01@jaet.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:16:53 -0500 (EST)

> up2date-4.1.16-WB2.i386.rpm
> up2date-gnome-4.1.16-WB2.i386.rpm

After upgrading, up2date -u --nox tells me that kernel 2.4.21 4.0.1.EL
needs to be installed, but was rejected by the package name.  No problem,
up2date -u --nox -f kernel -- but that tells me the package has already
been installed:

Test install failed because of package conflicts:
package kernel-2.4.21-4.0.1.EL is already installed

and it is:
# rpm -q kernel
kernel-2.4.21-4.EL
kernel-2.4.21-4.0.1.EL

Note that I also see this behavior on the RHEL3 machines at work using RHN
so it looks like WBEL is a faithful duplicate of RHEL3 :).  Still, it
would be nice to fix this bug.

I did not have this problem when I was running up2date built from WB1 with
the patches posted on this list.

--
John A. Tamplin					jat@jaet.org
770/436-5387 HOME				4116 Manson Ave