[WBEL-devel] New packages

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:04:25 -0500

Kevin Ediger wrote:

> John Hinton wrote:
>
>> I think since we are using an 'edited' up2date anyway, that it would
>> be a great idea to place within that package the proper instruction
>> for how to do this. I'm trying to be really anal and make sure anyone
>> installing WBEL hits no snags in the install and use process. Seems a
>> bit of text needs to be edited/changed to reflect the key information.
>

> I agree. I had always used the GUI interface which automatically adds
> both keys and I didn't even realize those instructions existed.
> Anyway, I looked into changing the instructions and discovered they
> are in several different languages. I'm not sure how to handle all the
> languages. Do I just update the English instructions?
>
> -Kevin

Seems it should be for all languages. I believe this project will
succeed worldwide. I suppose you could just add the second line and hope
we all figure out to run both? What I get on console screen is this:

--------------------------------------begin----------
Your Update Agent options specify that you want to use GPG.

To install the key, run the following as root:

    rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY
----------------------------------------end------------

I assume the simple cure would be to simply add the second line to all
languages which would look like this for english.

--------------------------------------begin----------
Your Update Agent options specify that you want to use GPG.

To install the key, run the following as root:

    rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY
    rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY-whitebox
----------------------------------------end------------

I wonder if "rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY" really needs to be
run at all? If not, the cure gets really easy. :) I haven't tried it
that way.

If the first command does in fact need to be run, couldn't a combined
command be created? It would be a long line to type in. I never have
worked in another language, I assume all the 'commands' are in english
(linish?), just changes to instruction.

Maybe something like:

rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY-whitebox

Thanks,
John Hinton

Thanks,
John Hinton