[WBEL-devel] amd64 port

Ryan Finnie ryan@finnie.org
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:43:46 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
> One thing. By 'Taroon' you mean public beta2 or the real thing? As i
> see it, it'd be better use latest public beta for starting point and
> not use the commercial product to bootstrap something that is not
> commercial. That's just my opinion and that's what i am doing.
> Ie. being carefull not using any insights from 'the real thing'

I am using the public beta.  Did they also name the file RHEL 3 release
"Taroon"?

As for the legality of using a commercial platform to compile a
non-commercial...  I don't think that would be a problem, as long as step
6 is performed (using the new distro to compile itself).  But as it
stands, I don't have $2000 (or $800 for WS) to spend on that :)

RF