[WBEL-devel] amd64 port

Pasi Pirhonen upi@iki.fi
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:57:49 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 03:43:46PM -0800, Ryan Finnie wrote:

> I am using the public beta.  Did they also name the file RHEL 3 release
> "Taroon"?

[root@el3es /]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon)

Above is 'the real thing'

> As for the legality of using a commercial platform to compile a
> non-commercial...  I don't think that would be a problem, as long as step
> 6 is performed (using the new distro to compile itself).  But as it
> stands, I don't have $2000 (or $800 for WS) to spend on that :)

I just thought to 'be safe side' if possible. I even have real EL3
IA64 version, but i won't install it before i have built the
WBEL-version, so beta2 it will be as the building base.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi@iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/