[WBEL-devel] RC2 on VMware

Tony tony@instaview.com
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:56:29 -0500

Just got finished installing RC2 on VMware, and it doesn't
seem to find the VMware network device at all. ( sort of
makes it hard to do testing )

Was this an oversight on my part during the install or??

Also, while not a complaint as I understand the goal is
to mimic the RHES layout, but I also noticed that even
with a small custom 'server only' selection, I still get
over 1gb used...   ( compared to perhaps 200 mb if I were
to duplicate the installed features in FBSD.. )

I do understand it's the way RH did things, and you
are trying to be true to that.. but perhaps some additional,
more sane, install options might be nice?

( the pretty standard over bloat install is one of my long
standing pet peeves with most all Linux setups, so this isn't
directed to the WHBEL project In the least )

I'm NOT complaining.. just suggesting..

I want to send out a lot of credit to the project as a whole...