Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
19 Dec 2003 00:03:59 -0500

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 22:10, donavan nelson wrote:
> > > how many address will appear in the To: and CC: fields.
> >
> >   Please, no.  This has been discussed here before.   There is a
> > standard for this and I'd rather see list members adjust to using the
>
> Standard for what?  Which RFC?

Googling "rfc reply-to-list" yields: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2369.txt

In particular, compliant list managers (Mailman is one) add a
"List-Post" header which signals clients where mails directed to the
list should go.

>   If my mail reading agent is really doing
> something wrong, I'd like to know.  I can file a bug report and it will get
> fixed fast.
>
> > proper reply command (ctrl-L or Actions->Reply to List in evolution,
> > for example).  Mistakes happen, and yours was an honest mistake.  A
>
> I don't have a reply-to-list button.

I just googled for "webmail reply-to-list" and came up with a list of a
half-dozen or so well-known webmail clients which have docs suggesting
that they do reply-to-list.

Tres.