[WBEL-devel] re: 2nd RC coming?

Rob Sanders rsanders@route256.com
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:37:12 -0500

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:11:24 -0600 (CST)
John Morris <jmorris@beau.org> wrote:
> Not always.  Why do you suppose Oracle makes those free dev kits
> available?  And since WBEL doesn't carry RHEL's pricetag....  I can see
> people in the learning phase deciding WBEL is a perfect platform to host
> the free oracle dev kit on.  So even if I don't get time to dl the oracle
> kit for -final I still want to get a working tora package out soon.

RedHat used to have a developers channel that was $60/yr for AS w/o any updates just for this reason.  I still have my 2.1 developers suscription, but I can't see that option anymore.  Shame, they are doing all the right things, the wrong way.  Pull the developers support, pulling the -devel packages.  They've made it hard to use RHEL for anyone beyond drop in a binary and go have coffee.  Shooting the people that make RHEL work in the real world is going to drive more and more to WBEL solutions.

--
Rob Sanders