[WBEL-devel] Missing libpng and libpng10 updates

Wayne Earl wayne@qconcepts.net
Wed, 26 May 2004 09:09:17 -0700

Come on y'all - can't we all just get along?

The company I work for is having great success with WBEL in production. We
do online fundraising for schools and youth organizations, and when Red Hat
changed their pricing model, it priced us out of the ability to keep our
systems upgraded. Fedora didn't work for us (too bleeding edge), and
migrating to another distro proved to be very painful for us.

Thank you all so very much for WBEL.

Which brings us to two issues:

1. Can someone from WBEL post to the list the preferred method for setting
up a mirror of WBEL? While I cannot make the mirror publicly available for
others to use at this time (bandwidth is at a premium for us), I could then
update our servers using this internal mirror, which would contribute in a
small part to reducing bandwidth for you (we have close to 40 servers in
production, all of which will be running WBEL very soon). Perhaps adding
this to the FAQ is in order?

2. I would be willing to assist in recompiling update srpms for the project.
While I can't promise '0-day updates', I can at least contribute to the
workload of maintaining the updates. Feel free to contact me off list for
this.

Let me know if I can give back to a project that has given me so much.

--
Wayne Earl <wayne@qconcepts.net>
gpg public key: http://www.qconcepts.net/key.txt