[WBEL-users] Postfix or Sendmail

Joe Brouhard jbrouhard@kcosc.com
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:03:59 -0500 (CDT)

> Thanks for the link.  I took a quick look at it, but it seems as though
> this
> allows you only to store user information there.  The data store for the
> email itself is still in the standard file system (in the
> /usr/local/virtual
> directory).  I'm actually looking for a solution that will allow me to put
> the data store for the email in the DB as well and not just in the file
> system.  Any suggestions?

Not really, as I have found this to be counter-productive to system
resources.  Storing actual binary data in a SQL database has been, at
least as I was told, a bad idea.  This increases the size of the database
dramatically (disk space used will be equvalent to something that is
stored on the file system tho), and is a major resource hog when trying to
download data off a sql database through a POP3 or IMAP solution.
Exchange Server does this already, and look what kind of crappy solution
it somewhat is.

Tho I'm sure there is a way...

--
Joe Brouhard