[WBEL-users] More yum mirrors?

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:47:36 -0400 (EDT)

Mark Reynolds said:

> 2. Remove any reference to actual beau.org sources, but include
>    all latest mirror configs in yum source. Maybe even make
>    those changes as a WBWL update, and push changes out that way.

I don't disagree with you main point, but the only chance to make these
changes will be with WBEL 3.1 (or update, whatever the respin is being
called).  Even then it will only work for new installs.  Any changes (and
I mean any) to the config file will make RPM leave it alone and create an
*.rpmnew file.

FWIW the version of up2date coming with the FC2 test releases has a new
mirror-picking system.  It downloads a list of mirrors from the central
mirror, then hits one of those mirrors for the headers and packages.

--
William Hooper