[WBEL-users] apt

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Sun, 01 Aug 2004 23:17:02 -0700

I am confused and not sure if I shouldn't just give up on apt.

I downloaded and installed dag's apt for RHEL 3.

apt-get update seemed to be OK

but things like:
# apt-get install ldap-account-manager
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  PyQt: Depends: libsip.so.9 but it is not installable
  g-wrap: Depends: libguile.so.9 but it is not installable
          Depends: libqthreads.so.0 but it is not installable
  jpilot: Depends: libcrypto.so.2 but it is not installable
  ldap-account-manager: Depends: perl(Net::SSH::Perl) but it is not
installable
                        Depends: perl(Quota) but it is not installable
  libgtop-devel: Depends: libgtop (= 1.0.12) but 1:1.0.12-11 is to be
installed
  net-snmp: Depends: libcrypto.so.2 but it is not installable
            Depends: libelf.so.0 but it is not installable
            Depends: librpm-4.1.so but it is not installable
            Depends: librpmdb-4.1.so but it is not installable
            Depends: librpmio-4.1.so but it is not installable
  net-snmp-utils: Depends: libcrypto.so.2 but it is not installable
                  Depends: libelf.so.0 but it is not installable
  nmap-frontend: Depends: nmap (= 3.20) but 2:3.20-fr1 is to be
installed
  perl-Net_SSLeay: Depends: libcrypto.so.2 but it is not installable
                   Depends: libssl.so.2 but it is not installable
  slrn: Depends: libcrypto.so.2 but it is not installable
        Depends: libssl.so.2 but it is not installable
  tuxracer: Depends: libtcl.so.0 but it is not installable
  wu-ftpd: Depends: libcrypto.so.2 but it is not installable
           Depends: libssl.so.2 but it is not installable
  xmms-mp3: Depends: xmms (= 1.2.7) but 1:1.2.7-22.1.p is to be
installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).

have me scared to go on any further. Should I give up on apt?

BTW...this was upgraded from RH 8.0 (upgradeany) - this may have had
some impact on this and I recognize that I can remove old xmms.

Craig