[WBEL-users] SAMBA

Ganeshram Iyer gri0941@exchange.uta.edu
Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:42:15 -0500

Hey Johnny,
I tried out the solution that you suggested and this is my current
status. I think I am having a basic problem with the user root not being
a local administrator on the domain member Windows PC. So I am unable to
unzip anything in the Windows System Folder on that account. Is this
expected behavior or did I do something wrong? That problem apart I
created the Debugger Users (for Microsoft's Visual Studio.NET) group in
the WBEL Samba machine and tried to add global group to the local group.
But when I do that I am unable to specify that group to be added. It
comes up as not found in my Windows XP Pro. I just cannot add the global
Debugger Users group that I have created. As an alternate I tried to add
the Linux/Samba Users group to my local group and I could not add that
group also. Do I need to log in as global root or as local
administrator? I really appreciate your help and any advice that you
have will be most welcome.

Thanks
Ganesh