[WBEL-users] Logout Icon

Denis Croombs denis@just-servers.co.uk
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 22:04:26 +0100

> Ok, you say you've removed everything from the desktop.  Are you limiting
> them to one application?  What are they allowed to do?  The reason I'm
> asking is if you want them to use only one app, like a web browser, it's
> easy to set up to where when they close the web browser, it exits their X
> session, and goes back to the X login prompt.  I have a bunch of
> Linux-based Citrix terminals set up this way.  If you allow them to use
> several apps, it get slightly more complicated.  KDE and Gnome do it
> differently, so it will be helpful to know which you are using.

Hi
Thanks for that.
We have 28 terminals which we will be using 1 app (Web browser only) & up to
80 which will use approx 5 apps (KDE or Gnome we would prefer KDE but can
use either) (all 108 thin (VNC clients))
BUT the users MUST only see the apps we want and a Logout button.

We are willing to look at any method that provides the end result, any clues
VERY welcome.

Thanks

Denis

believed to be clean.