[WBEL-users] Workstations pausing

James Knowles jamesk@ifm-services.com
Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:59:57 -0600

>> I've read that reiserfs is better/faster for the types of files we use.

The other thing that I aught to point out, where you're using this
within a business environment, is that you want *data protection* more
than raw speed, unless losing data won't affect your business
whatsoever. ext3 is more robust this way with the default setting.
There's even one level of higher data protection from the default.

I also hope that the filesystem is at least on soft RAID-1.

Even if the machine's on a UPS, a power outage is likely the only time
you'll discover that the UPS battery is dead. :-(