[WBEL-users] SSH Info

Kirby Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:29:26 -0500

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 10:20:50AM +1000, Graham Waring wrote:
> G'day all,
>
> Yes, good call to temporarily enable telnet when changing the sshd_config
> if you are not local to the box, I have done so in the past and it saved me
> a trip back to the office.  Another trick I use in preference of that
> though is to go in with webmin (via https of course) and restart the sshd
> daemon.

service sshd condrestart

You should always do that if you're remote.  It'll run "ssd -t"
which should sanity check your ssh client.  Furthermore, if you are
ssh'ed in, do not close your connection.  I always open 3-3
connections if I'm worried about ssh changes.  Just in case a
console locks up or something else silly happens.

	Kirby