[WBEL-users] MON

Ivan Pechorin ivan@pechorin.com
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:41:37 +0400

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 16:55, Ed Morrison wrote:
> I'm having a problem installing Mon.  More specifically Time-HiRes.
> When I run perl -MCPAN -e 'install Time::HiRes' or when I try to install
> Time-HiRes from source I receive this error:
>
> Makefile:91: *** missing separator.  Stop.

Ed, I've seen this error many times when I tried to build various perl
modules on WBEL3. It is specific to Red Hat.

I built my own perl RPMS, based on perl 5.8.5 source and modified spec
files from WBEL. I have not seen this problem for about 6 months. Perl
5.8.3 was the first version of perl that I used on WBEL (on my
development machine). I have perl 5.8.4 in heavy use on production
system (mod_perl applications on RHEL 3 ES) for 2 months so far - have
not seen any problems too.